KOGAS hosted 'Korea-Japan joint workshop on transportational natural gas' on December 18. KANGV arranged the event and it took place at London Hall of Seoul Olympic Parktel.
There were in total 30 participants from both countries and among them ６ were from Japan including Dr. Naoto Onzo, the dean of commerce at Waseda University. At the workshop, NGV policies in both countries were exchanged and cooperative measure for the promotion of NGV business was discussed. Presentation contents were as follow:
- NGV status and future prospect (Japan Gas Association)
- NGV policy of Korea (Ministry of Environment Korea)
- NGV bus promotion policy (Seoul Metropolitan Govt.)
- NG distribution chain of transport (KOGAS)
- LNG application for transport sector in Korea (KOGAS R&D center)
- Biogas fuel business prospect (Kangwon provincial office)
Apart from the workshop, Japanese participants also visited a public bus depot and rode CNG and CNG-hybrid buses to examine possibility of importing Korean CNG buses.
Participants agreed on the need for strengthening cooperation between two countries and made sure they gather on a regular base to promote joint event.